Step by step with pictures
I love granny squares and I have made incredible many things with this tecnique. Here is a detailed tutorial with pictures. Remember to klick on the picture to get it big.
Start with magic ring, here is a tutorial with pictures for magic ring.
Crochet 12 single crochets in magic ring and fasten with a slip stitch. Cut the yarn.
Change color. Due to technical issues I can’t put english text under the pictures. Here is the translation:
- Start in any single crochet and fasten with slip stitch.
- Make 4 chain stitches (= 1 treble crochet).
- Crochet 3 treble crochet in the same stitch, see picture.
I always crochet the end of my yarn inside the stitches, this saves me a lot of time. In the end, I only get one end to weave in when I have finished the granny square.
English translation for pictures:
- Remove your hook from the last treble crochet and slip it through the fourth of the four chain stitches that you made first.
- Then put your hook through the loop in the fourth treble crochet.
- Pull the loop through the chain stitch and tighten and the petal becomes puffy.
Repeat form 1 to 6:
Repeat from picture 1 to 6 until you get 12 flower petals. English translation for pictures:
- Chain 2
- Crochet 4 treble crochet in next stitch.
- Slip the hook through the top of the first treble crochet.
- Put the hook through the loop on the fourth treble crochet.
- Pull the loop through first treble crochet.
- Tighten and make the flower petal puffy.
- Fasten new color with slip stitch in space between petals.
- Crohet 2 chain stitches (= 1 half double crochet)
- Make 2 half double crochet in the same space.
In next space you make a corner: 3 double crochet, 2 chain stitches and 3 double crochet.
Continue round (see pictures):
- Make 3 half double crochet in each of the next to spaces. No chain stitches! Make a new corner in the third space.
- Continu with 3 half double crochet in next two spaces and make a corner in the third space.
- Repeat until you get four corners. Fasten round with slip stitch in the first half double crochet.
- Crochet 3 slip stitches, make 3 chain stitches (= 1 double crochet) in the first space.
- Then make 2 double crochet in same space. Make a corner in next space: 3 double crochet, 2 chain stitches, 3 double crochet.
- Repeat with 3 double crochet in each space and make corner in corners around the square.
- Weave inn yarn.
- Now you have a granny square with daisy.
- Make as many as you need for your project.
Feel free to make a comment or e-mail me for questions.